With the diseases getting stronger and organic healing Ayurveda getting all the limelight, burdock root benefits are also sharing the popularity.
Some are leaving the medicinal route and going natural to heal minute problems. The best part about these naturally growing remedies is daily usage.
Burdock root is one such ingredient you can add to your daily beverage to your curry recipes.
This multifunctional remedy can work wonders on your physical health. Although this holistic medicine comes with a multifaceted benefit, you should still get a good idea about it before usage.
Without any further ado, let’s get into the Burdock root benefits and potential side effects.
What Are Burdock Roots?
It is a naturally growing edible vegetable. You will not get naturally growing Burdock in the USA since it goes mostly in Northern Asia and the European region. However, you can still get Ayurveda burdock extracts for your health requirements.
Natives of the Indian subcontinent have been using Burdock as a digestive remedy for centuries now. It is also historically a part of holistic and natural medication.
Recently, its uses have gotten a name in the western subcontinent as well. This is because of the potential health benefits which different researchers have found.
Health Benefits Of Burdock Roots
Here are the health Burdock root benefits plants:
It Can Inhibit Some Cancer
Although cancerous cells are very stubborn, especially at the final stage of this fatal disease, they are still preventable early on.
If you have cancer potential through health habits or hereditary causes, getting through it will be easier with certain lifestyle changes.
Adding Burdock root extract to your daily diet is one of them.
- Burdock root is a powerhouse of antioxidants. Some of the variants are phenolic acids and quercetin.
- The free radicals in these antioxidant bodies can produce more free radicals. These free radicals can protect cells from certain autoimmune diseases like Lupus. It also makes the response to cancer-creating malign cells stronger.
- While it might not be a cure, it is certainly prevention since it interferes with the cancer-growing cells.
Treating Certain Skin Issues
Treating skin with the help of this remedy is twofold:
- First, it has anti-bacterial properties, which clears your digestive system. Overall, it helps you to improve your gut health.
- Second, Burdock root benefits also include anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce painful inflation during puss-filled cystic acne or nodular acne.
A Natural Detox For Your Blood
Have you had too much junk food this week? Or are holiday parties getting to you?
In order to keep good health, detoxing these toxins from your body is very important.
- The antioxidant properties in the root help detoxify your bloodstream.
- They also promote blood circulation, which improves the transfer of oxygen in the bloodstream. Giving you more energy and better skin!
Improves Sexual Health
Increasing sex drive is a universal problem, and you are not the only one facing it.
A study has shown that burdock root helped increase sexual activity in male rats.
Burdock Is A Good Source Of Fibre
- Inulin is the fiber found in Burdock root. It is an excellent remedy for people who have binge eating issues.
- If you add burdock to your daily dietary requirement, being fuller and more energetic for longer will be easier.
- It also reduces the amount of bad cholesterol in the body (LDL cholesterol).
Why Burdock Root Is Better As Food Than A Supplement
Burdock is not just an Ayurveda source of goodness. One can also use it as a food supplement. However, dieticians ask you to top it with other whole foods.
- Supplements like Burdock are known to take the best part of other nutritional items and bring them out.
- Thus, when we isolate these supplements, they cannot act well. Half of the time, they are just flushed out of your body.
- It is a waste of money and extra meal time!
- Therefore, we would suggest not taking these supplements like vitamins, i.e.in the form of a pill or mixing them with water in a powder form.
- You get Burdock root extracts in powder form, so why not add them to your daily meal? A little wouldn’t change the taste of your meal.
Why You Should Get The Natural Form
Although there are good sources of supplements by credible companies, try to get the most natural form of Burdock.
This is because,
Supplements might have added scent, color, and ingredients, which you wouldn’t want to clash with the benefits.
There will be specific rules to consuming them, which can hamper your dietary requirements.
Rather, get the natural burdock root. Yes, you might need to import them, and they will take some time. However, they have a longer shelf value.
You can clean and then grind the roots in a food processor. Consuming them in this way, you will be people who
Side Effects Of Burdock Roots
Although they come packed with every benefit, you might still face some of these side effects.
- Burdock, a plant with potential health benefits, may have side effects for certain individuals. Allergic reactions, including skin rash, itching, and swelling, can occur.
- Additionally, contact dermatitis from handling the plant may manifest. In some cases, ingesting burdock root may lead to gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea or an upset stomach.
- Due to its potential blood-thinning properties, individuals on anticoagulant medications should exercise caution.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women are advised to consult healthcare professionals before using burdock.
- While it offers medicinal potential, these potential side effects highlight the importance of moderation and individual considerations when incorporating burdock into health regimens.
It is better to recommend an expert and get tested for allergies before you get into the matter of such Ayurveda treatment options.