You’re probably wondering what hair color to try next while reading this post. Going all in on color blocking might just give your hair some brightness. Perhaps, you might want to tone it down a little and go for the cooler ones.
What about magenta balayage? This hair color starts naturally on the roots and then goes bright at the tips. Getting a balayage hair is easy, especially when you have a coloring conditioner that keeps your hair vibrant.
When it comes to hair makeovers, balayage is one of those trendy hair colors that never go out of style. Balayage is the style to go for adding multi-dimensional depth to your hair without the brassy tone when you use the right conditioners.
Watch @iamperlita go into a new vibrant color world with a perfect Magenta Balayage using oVertone’s Extreme Magenta Coloring Conditioner. And the best thing about this? She did it at home! Her hair has a luxurious appearance with a fun, effortless, and achievable vibe.
Ditch the salon routine and go all DIY with @iamperlita’s balayage tutorial!
Get The Beautiful Balayage Highlights
Before taking on the balayage look, make sure you have longer hair than before. To get started, prepare the Extreme Magenta Coloring Conditioner, alligator clips, a dark and old shirt, and clean hair.
Get your balayage hair by following these steps:
- Wear your old shirt. Brush your clean and dry hair to make sure it’s tangle-free. It helps in depositing the color into the strands easily.
- Divide your hair in the middle. The top and bottom layers should be separated. You don’t have to do it perfectly—just do it to diffuse sharp lines. @iamperlita clipped the top layer of her hair to color one side first and then the next.
- Put color in hair sections. Start coloring from the shaft, then slide your way to the ends. This helps guarantee color coverage. Just don’t put any Coloring Conditioner on your roots. You can wear gloves or not when you start coloring your hair.
- Let the color settle for 10-15 minutes. But @iamperlita said that you can leave the conditioner on your hair however long you like. This would help the color sink in better for brighter results.
- Wash your hair until the water runs clear. Style it the way you usually do. And the most important thing? Enjoy every second of your newly colored balayage hair!
More About Balayage
Balayage has a few benefits that other styles of hair color can’t offer, including:
- Low upkeep: The strokes of color are done naturally and beautifully on your hair. Unlike a full-on color, balayage doesn’t leave blunt lines on your hair.
- Less bleeding of colors: Colorists create a barrier between the sections of your hair. This prevents the bleached layers from touching each other and mixing colors.
- Less damage: Balayage doesn’t color your entire head but only some parts of it. Your hair won’t suffer much damage since your roots don’t get saturated in bleach.
- A more natural look than highlights: Balayage highlights your hair from midway through down. It brings colors to your hair more naturally than highlights, with its progression from faded to bright.
Before getting a balayage, you should look for some inspiration on the internet for the look you want. It’s better to show your stylist a set of photos. They can make things work for the balayage hair you want.
And just when you think you can get it right away, sit back and relax. The hair colorist will evaluate your hair thoroughly by asking you the following questions:
- How many times do you style your hair?
- How often do you return for touch-ups?
- How do you part your hair?
- Are you open to having a haircut first before getting the color?
The colorist will test the colors on your hair. Once you’ve decided what color suits you best, the coloring shall begin. That’s the time you’d want to kill time. You’ll be sitting for a full two hours or more just to get the balayage hairstyle at the salon. If you’re doing it at home, you can kill more time by watching your favorite series or reading a book.
Your homemade balayage still needs a touch-up from the stylist, depending on your agreement. But for the aftercare, you just have to use a gentle shampoo and apply hair oils to keep the colors from fading.
Balayage hair is a style that’s easy to achieve even from the comforts of your home. The stunning effect it gives on your hair is enough to catch attention. Maintaining balayage hair is not that stressful as long as you can keep the colors on your hair for a long time.